21.9.13

Video and Sound Week 2


Here's my first Video and Sound project, "A Walk In The Park":





https://soundcloud.com/cleezybear/walk-in-the-park

Reading Response to The Machine Stops


This piece was a bit of a slow drag for me. It was a nightmarish call to humanity; warning of the dangers that exist in the over reliance on technology. Admittedly, , I am not a fan of sci-fi. However, I believe that the take home message is quite important. i think that the following bit by Louis CK, is evidence that there is some common concern about how we have adopted technology. 


                         

It was really striking to learn that the piece was written in 1910. The date was printed at the very end of the piece.  
>>


Some questions came up for me about the issues raised here. What does it mean that these concerns have existed for so long? How have these fears influenced how we have developed and adopted new technologies? Have they? If not, why?