13.12.13

ICM Final

Week 11
November 26th, 2013


Influenza (an Infectious disease that is easily transmitted by contact with an ill person or their secretions) kills about 250,000 to 500,000 worldwide each year.

The most common symptoms are chills, fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle pains, headache (often severe), coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. While in the planning stages of my final project, I noticed that many of my classmates (including myself) were complaining about these symptoms....I am not actually a huge proponent of getting the flu shot, however, I am interested in health promotion and using my time at ITP to using technologies for knowledge transfer and exchange! 


For my final, I decided to make an animation that would demonstrate how illness (specifically, the flu) might spread at ITP. At first, I wanted to incorporate data that i collected using an online survey (found here: SURVEY). Unfortunately, I found that because of time constraints and the huge task of animating simple, timed movements, I could not add the data component. 


Video (apologies for the quality)



start of spread


full blown !


mouse click feature demonstrating the effects of innoculation