13.12.13

Visual Language Week 1

October 31st, 2013
Design Analysis


Original Image


The grid system that I identified, is largely based on vertical elements within the image.The height of the text at the top left invites the eyes to look down at the figures along the length of them and eventually down to the product placed at the bottom. The image also has a clear three part horizontal grid that contributes to an emphasis on the product,sexy and silly elements.

Negative space in this image is used carefully and sparingly.
Just enough so that the figures, text and product pop to the fore.


The positive space in the image dominates.  


The text analyzer that I tried to use could not identify the typography in this image
(nor could I). I can tell you that there are 6 different fonts used.
Maybe this is bad design??

The palette used in this image is red, white, blue and brown. I wonder if this was
 intentionally referencing America and beer?



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!